Dave Eckelmann joined Cotney in 2019 as an associate attorney in the Nashville office. As a full-service construction attorney, Dave’s practice areas include contract review and drafting, contract negotiation, lien law, bond law, licensing and administrative law, defects, delays, and all aspects of construction litigation and arbitration. Dave also has experience assisting clients with corporate entity formation and estate planning.
As the son of a general contractor, Dave has firsthand experience in the construction industry. From 2007 through 2013, he worked as a laborer performing roofing, excavation, framing, painting, and repair services for his father’s company, Eckelmann Brothers Construction. Prior to joining Cotney, Dave clerked for the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Civil Litigation Division of the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General.
- United States Securities and Exchange Commission, Honors Summer Intern, Atlanta, GA.
- Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General, Civil Litigation Clerk, Harrisburg, PA.
- Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry, Press Assistant, Harrisburg, PA.
- Construction & Infrastructure Law
- Vanderbilt University Law School Dean’s Scholar
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D.
- Lafayette College, A.B.