Elliot Haney joined Cotney as an associate attorney in 2019. Elliot’s practice areas focus on construction litigation, including lien enforcement, contract litigation, construction defect litigation, bid protest litigation and OSHA defense.
Prior to joining Cotney, Elliot clerked for several highly reputable civil litigation and civil rights firms in Tampa and Orlando. Elliot received his law degree from the University of Florida Levin College of Law, where he served as a general editor for the Florida Journal of Law and Public Policy and was a member of the International Commercial Arbitration Team. Elliot’s dynamic background and passion for the law are utilized daily in his representation of clients with Cotney.
- Cotney, Summer Associate, 2018, Associate Attorney, September 2019 – Present
- Rebein Brothers Law Firm, Law Clerk, 2017
- The Rivas Law Firm, Legal Case Manager, 2016
- The Umansky Law Firm, Law Clerk, 2015
- OSHA 10-hour Safety Training Certification
- “Understanding the FFCRA’s Small Business Exemption,” Roofing Contractor Magazine, April 2020
- “Everything Roofing Companies Need to Know About The Families First Coronavirus Response Act,” RoofersCoffeeShop, March 2020
- “How Governments Are Responding to the COVID-19 Crisis,” Roofing Contractor Magazine, March 2020
- “How Employers Should Respond to COVID-19, Roofing Magazine, March 2020
- 2019 Vis East International Arbitration Competition: 2nd Runner-up Best Oralist
- 2019 Shanghai Moot: Best Team and Honorable Mention Best Oralist
- Recipient of Book Award in International Commercial Arbitration, 2018
- General Editor, Florida Journal of Law and Public Policy, 2017-2019
- Labor & Employment
- Construction & Infrastructure Law
- Workers’ Compensation
- State of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D. cum laude
- Florida State University, B.S & B.A.