Jackie Fiala joined Cotney Nashville office in 2020 and has over ten years’ litigation experience in a broad range of subject areas including complex commercial litigation, contract and payment disputes, employment disputes, lien issues, employment matters, trade secrets, non-compete and non-solicitation agreement disputes, real estate disputes, product liability cases, personal injury defense, and environmental issues. Jackie has successfully represented clients in jury trials in both state and federal court. In addition to litigation, Jackie’s practice also involves many front-end contract matters such as negotiating, drafting, analyzing, and offering counsel regarding various types of agreements for both small and large corporate clients.
Jackie graduated with honors from Boston University College of Arts of Sciences with a B.A. in Biological Anthropology. Jackie then attended law school at the University of Miami School of Law and then Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, where she received her J.D. While attending law school, Jackie won the ABA Negotiation Competition, worked with the Cardozo Students for Human Rights and the Cardozo Youth Advocates.
Prior to joining Cotney, Jackie practiced at large, highly-respected regional firms in New York City and Nashville, her hometown. She is licensed to practice in New Jersey, New York, and Tennessee, and speaks French proficiently.
- Cotney, Associate Attorney, October 2020-Present
- Mainsail Lawyers, Litigation and RealEstate Associate, October 2017-December 2019
- Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis LLP, Trial and Appellate Practice Associate, June 2011-October 2017
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP, Litigation Associate, October 2009-May 2011
- Construction & Infrastructure Law
- Commercial Law
- Tennessee Bar
- New York Bar
- New Jersey Bar
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States Court for the Eastern, Western, and Middle Districts of Tennessee
- Yeshiva University, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D. Candidate
- Boston University College of Arts and Science, B.A.