Mirko Akrap joined Cotney in 2021. He is a member of the firm’s employment division and practices in various areas of labor & employment law. Prior to joining Cotney, Mirko focused his practice on plaintiff-side ERISA and non-ERISA individual disability benefit claims. Mirko also has extensive experience in Illinois Workers’ Compensation litigation and handling social security disability claims.
Mirko received his Juris Doctor from the John Marshall Law School in 2016. During law school, Mirko interned with Monico & Spevack, a high-stakes federal criminal defense firm. He also interned for the Honorable Mary S. Schostok of the Illinois Second District Appellate Court. In his final year, Mirko served as the Editor-in-Chief of the John Marshall Law School Journal of Information Technology and Privacy Law. He is fluent in Croatian, Serbian, and Bosnian.
- Cotney – Attorneys & Consultants, Attorney, February 2021-present
- The Law Offices of Michael Bartolic, LLC, Associate Attorney, October 2018-February 2021
- The Vrdolyak Law Group, LLC, Associate Attorney, September 2016-October 2018
- Law Office of Michael J. Levinsohn, Research Assistant, February 2016-May 2016
- Chief Justice Mary S. Schostok, Judicial Intern, May 2015-July 2015
- Monico & Spevack, Legal Assistant/Law Clerk, May 2012-October 2013
- “RFID Implementation: Testing in Prisons and Parolees for the Greater Good”, 33 J. Marshall J. Info. Tech. & Privacy L. 22, 2016
- Labor & Employment
- Construction & Infrastructure Law
- Government Affairs & Lobbying
- Northern District of Illinois
- The John Marshall Law School, J.D.
- Indiana University Bloomington, B.S