Steven McCommon joined Cotney in 2020. His practice areas include contract review and drafting, contract negotiation, lien law, bond law, building code violation defense, construction defect litigation, and environmental compliance.
Prior to joining Cotney, Steven worked for a large insurance defense firm handling a wide array of practice areas ranging from trucking accident defense, premises liability, environmental law, coverage opinions, and contract disputes. He earned his Juris Doctorate from Stetson University College of Law with an Environmental Law Certificate of Concentration. During his time in law school, Steven was selected as an editor of the Journal of International Wildlife Law & Policy and served as a court-appointed Guardian ad Litem.
- Cole, Scott & Kissane, Associate Attorney, 2018 – 2020,
- Environmental Protection Commission of Hillsborough County, Law Clerk, 2016
- Construction & Infrastructure Law
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Law
- Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., Certification of Concentration in Environmental Law
- University of Florida, B.A, Environmental Policy Specialization